Monday 29 May 2017

TO EVEN SUCCEED IN AN AUDITION YOU HAVE TO BEST THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE...

                                                                                                                                                     
                                                             

Q:PLEASE CAN WE MEET YOU BRIEFLY?

I am Eddie John Tamuno. Born into the family of mr/mrs John Igbiri at Nigeria port Authority(NPA) Quarters Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
I hail from Okrika town in Okrika LGA of Rivers State. I attained my primary and secondary education in Sapele, Delta State.  I am a graduate of accounting at the Federal Polytechnic Nekede-Owerri, Imo State. I had my post graduate diploma (PGD) in Business Management at the University of Uyo, Akwa Ibom State.
  I started acting in 2001 with stage play / drama and later moved into TV/film acting in 2009. I registered with the Actors Guild of Nigeria (AGN) in 2015 and to the glory of God, I have featured in the following movie; Soil, king Kalluba, Ghetto wagon, The evil in us, Focus in sight and many others.
However for the passion of the movie industry, I went further to do a certificate program at the prestigious university of Port Harcourt in Acting, Directing, and Cinematography which has really motivated me in the industry.
·             What motivated you into acting?                                                                                                         I have been acting in some capacity (school, student films, shows friends asked me to feature in) since I was in secondary school but only during higher institution did I decide I want to be a professional actor, and this was as a result of my desire to improve on myself and to add my own quota to the drive for professionalism in the movie industry.
·         What are your challenges in the movie industry?
It is worthy to note that the industry is very large at such, one needs to put in his best so as to break even and be engaged for jobs continuously.
No one would dare dribble a basketball a couple of times and suddenly decide they want to be in the NBA, yet with acting this is oddly  common, you just have to keep working on yourself and be at the very top of your game . To even succeed in an audition you have to best thousands of people who may have more credits than you and have personal relationships with people in the industry and the organizers. You can’t explain to the casting director that you are new into the industry and that is why you flubbed your audition. They don’t care; they simply want someone who will be the best in the role they are trying to fill. If you can’t perform in an audition, they assumed you can’t perform on set.
·          What are the possible solutions to your challenges mentioned?
As part of solution to the challenge, you should make yourself accessible by making people reach you. Also, you should try not to pay to be favored in audition as it will in no way favor your career, lastly, develop yourself so as to meet up with the requirements of the industry.
·         What would you suggest the government to do to improve the movie industry?
My suggestion to the government is basically to assist in finding programs that will create avenues to the movie industry. The government should also develop the creative economy, viz, the intellectual property, the Actors Guild of Nigeria and by extension the individual actors as the need and desire arises.
·         As a married man, how do you cope with the divas in the industry?
Basically, it is by being focus and discharge my core mandate as my dream as an actor is not to make a billion Naira as a celebrity but to get comfortable, support my family and do what I enjoy doing.
·         Have you ever been sexually harassed as an actor/actress?
No, I have not
·         What are your advice to the youth that are willing to join the industry?
My advice to them is to work hard, be zestful and above all have the fear of God even as they crave for stardom. 

3 comments:

  1. You are going places my bossman more of God grace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going places my bossman more of God grace.

    ReplyDelete